Skip to main content

Posts

HRH Duke of Sussex and HRH Duchess of Sussex - Gone, but not forgotten (yet)

It was just 682 days ago that the second Duke of Sussex came into being. The first Duke of Sussex, a red-headed wastrel with an older, unpopular wife, died in 1843, and the title had been vacant since then. But on May 19, 2019, Queen Elizabeth resurrected the title for use by her grandson Prince Harry, along with the titles Earl of Dumbarton (for use in Scotland) and Baron of Kilkeel (a fishing town in Northern Ireland, population 6887). It was hard not to see Prince Philip's humor behind the choice of peerages - Sussex , perhaps a reference to the Duchess Meghan's former employment, Dumbarton , a comment on Prince Harry's lack of intellectual chops, and Kilkeel - well, it just sounds funny. Earl of Dumbarton had actually been used previously, in the 1700s, but Kilkeel had never had a noble title connected with it before . And now it's all worked out as badly as anyone might have guessed it would in May 2018. The Sussexes have spent millions of pounds to no ...

Meg (and possibly Harry) move to Los Angeles

Amid the avalanche of new Coronavirus developments in the media this morning - and images of people all around Britain applauding NHS employees for their devotion to Coronavirus patients - comes the news that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have moved "permanently" to Los Angeles . According to PEOPLE magazine, they are "living in a secluded compound and haven't ventured out." California was always the Sussexes' ultimate destination: nobody ever really believed that their move to Canada was permanent, probably not even the local women's charities Meg used for photo ops a month or two ago. All that was in question was the timing. And even though Meg reportedly told her ubiquitous "friends" who then told the media that she wouldn't return to the US while Donald Trump was president, that promise (like so many other promises) has been left behind in the service of expediency and publicity. Why now? According to the Sun's Dan Woo...

Open Post: Charles tests positive for Corona Virus

Prince Charles has tested positive for Corona Virus, the British media is reporting. According to the Telegraph , T he Prince of Wales has tested positive for coronavirus and is working from home with mild symptoms. A Clarence House spokesman said he was "displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual". Prince Charles, 71, and the Duchess of Cornwall, 72, are now self-isolating at their home in Scotland. The Duchess has also been tested for the virus but did not have it, the spokesman said. What is your reaction?