Skip to main content

Charles versus Charles - What's Likely?

Eh I don't know.  I just don't exactly think that is the kind of thing, those words, Charles would say to his ex brother in law at any time.  

Think of the timing of that.  

He had been getting along with her.  Her brother, not so much.

The calls about what was happening with the kids previously - I think it was that someone was insisting they bring the kids to the Palace to display them or make them see the flower displays and Philip said they would not (the kids were dealing with their feelings - I seem to remember that they were not certain exactly where William was as he was up in the hills somewhere).  The family was circling the wagons about protecting the kids from what they saw/felt could create long term problems.  I suspect they had numerous discussions just in that time period of how to help care for the kids in addition to all the funeral planning.  

He's just come back from joining his ex sisters in law to bring back the body.  He fought his mother about his even going, how they were going to fly there and back, he could see that the crowds were becoming moblike in I must show how much I am grieving displays (heartful but at some point it was becoming tad bit performative).  And, he was fighting to give her a higher status funeral than she might have expected being ex HRH (and certainly not merely a private family only one).  

So I don't see why given how distraught he was after that trip, thinking (he is a heavy thinker) about what this now means for the kids he loves, how he will have to try to step in (not like he doesn't already have a lot on his plate) ways that Diana would no longer be able to that it would be likely that he would come out and say that no one is going to remember her next month - to Charles S or anyone else not in the Spencer family.  

BUT ... perhaps having yet another person trying to tell him what they/he should not do - coming from yet another person who was not a parent of the kids nor someone who dealt with the kids daily, weekly or on any sort of a regular basis was really bad timing on someone else's part no matter how much they claimed they knew what she would or would not want.


What I could believe is that Charles (PW) told Charles S that he (CS), not being a parent of the two boys in question did NOT have the right to determine what the kids were or were not going to do in no uncertain terms.  That some anger in the tone of voice may have come out could be in the very likely that happened category I think.  

We also look at Charles S's behavior.  He did not appear to have really been a major part of the lives of the kids before his "grand" speech at the funeral.  It is kind of murky about how much he did participate in their lives after her death.  


What is interesting is that this now comes out after the Queen has passed and Charles is now king.  In some ways it comes off as similar to that funeral speech - aimed at the royal family, specifically Charles, in a setting where they/he are constrained by protocol from responding (never explain).  The appearance of one last chance to stab a person in the back (served cold) publicly?  

The other thing is that CS and CS alone appears to have the complete control of where people come to for her grave.  I can understand that controlling the mob interest initially was reasonable (and a wise idea).  Long term though it meant that even her kids had to go through him to get to her while he's making money off every person who walks through.  It optically might have been good to have money donated to one of her pet charities and him less so?  Perhaps William might not give her HRH back but instead bring her body back so he, his kids might be able to have a closer, easier access to remembering her.  There are probably fewer and fewer people feeling some need to visit her grave as years pass.


  


Comments

abbyh said…
Nutty and us Mods strive as much as possible to make this a welcome and friendly blog. Please do keep in mind that everyone posts with the risk of potential dissent, criticism, and unpopularity. We depend on Nutties to keep this place respectful and hopefully fun. And you do. Thank you.


This blog may or may not be the blog you are looking for. If not, we wish you well and hope you find what you are looking for.

Nutty and us Mods strive as much as possible to make this a welcome and
Guidelines for this blog is as follows:

-Keep discussions on the Sussexes. Politics must be strictly related to their involvement. Off topic subjects are permissible but should be limited and are subject to the discretion of Mods.
-Be civil and courteous in discussions.
-Posters who are disruptive will not have their posts posted.
-Anonymous or unknown posts are not allowed.
-We know that some of this is not family friendly. It can be a fine line sometimes on the topics such as sex and sexuality. Try to lean towards family friendly (thanks).
-Profanity has not traditionally been a problem, so let's keep it that way.
-We never encourage vindictive or other harmful actions. Nothing you would not mind having your name associated with on the front page of the local paper, above the fold.
-Please try to keep the conspiracy theories down.
-Do not discuss the blog, blog history, or other posters.
-No personal attacks both direct and indirect.
-Please de-escalate "fights" by dropping the subject. (please drop us a message that someone is treading on your last nerve so we can be aware that this is a problem).
-Please remember that the focus of the blog is on others, not any individuals posting here. So if your name is not attached to something posted, please begin with the idea that what is written is not likely to be directed at you if it upsets you.
-Posts which may be deemed too many flat statements/too provocative or mean spirited may not posted on the blog.
-Remember that not every one who reads the posts is happy about what is posted here. Please do not give out personal information. Be safe.
-Your privacy matters.
-Remember that certain sites require prior approval for reuse such as Harry Markle. Please respect their request on how to handle it. Links to share is a great alternative.


Mods do their best to ensure the guidelines are met. However, lapses happen because moderating this blog is a 24/7 responsibility and we all have jobs and families (and laundry) to care for. If you see overlooked issues, please feel free to message us so we can address them.

Thank you again for all your patience and support.

Moderation is still on. x
I wonder if William might wish to have his mother's remains brought to the Royal Burial Grounds at Frogmore or somewhere more exalted? James I and VI had his mother's remains brought down from Scotland and entombed in Westminster Abbey, far more politically charged than burying Diana at Windsor. Legally, I suspect that William would have more clout in this than Spencer.
I've just checked on whether Spencer was one of Diana's executors - he wasn't, so he doesn't have any right to say where she might be reburied if it comes to a legal case. I've read that her sister Sarah was an executor and I can't imagine she'd want her brother to control the matter..
Both Prince Charles and Her Majesty were treated appallingly by the Press and public opinion.
The Spencers failed in their family duty - whoever heard of a divorcee being buried by her ex's family? To make that nasty eulogy his only contribution was reprehensible.
It looked as if Charlee PoW was afraid that Al Fayed would intervene and the story is that he asked the Queen if she wanted Diana brought home in a Harrods van?
abbyh said…
Sassie, I am sorry.

I made a mistake and (I think) the system will not send you the emails. Please resend your post to be certain.
abbyh said…
Something else to consider about the topic above:

Does it support the description of Charles' behavior in Spare?
abbyh said…
Finding my comments in that post. Not so willing to just go reread the book again for any other mentions of CS. Or for more specifics about his father about telling about his mother's passing, I remember that he did.

He does mention that Charles S was against the boys walking. PP comes off as kind of agast at the thought but offers to walk with them if they do.

A lot about how uncommunicative his father is. Leaves notes instead of talking. Nothing about being giddy.

The CS funeral speech was about how everyone (including the BRF) stalked her.

Comment that he and William were the only men who loved her or loved her the most. (ouch - not quite as in sync with CS or that his father could have a lot of conflicted feelings through the years)

Girl with a Hat said…
I remember seeing photos of Charles at the airport to accompany her remains from the airplane bringing her back to the UK and no one could look more shocked and crest fallen than he did that day.
Girl with a Hat said…
@Abbyh, I remember from the book Spare, that Hairy was angry that his father didn't wake them to tell them the news about their mother.
I recall the photos of the then 16 yo Duke of Kent walking with the men of the family at Geo VI's funeral. He was six when his father was killed in that plane crash.
I always understood it was best not to criticise how people behave after a death, especially if it was unexpected and traumatic. Shock can have strange effects, as I found earlier this year.
Maneki Neko said…
Charles Spencer is not a popular figure, I think, and I don't know why he's sticking his oar in now. Prince Charles would never have made such a crass remark ( 'We'll forget her soon enough'), or else it was taken completely out of context. The BBC are not helping by stating that Earl Spencer 'claimed Charles "sounded giddily elated" when he called him after her death in 1997.' For the King to offer a rebuttal, however carefully and diplomatically worded, he must have felt very strongly.
This part of a comment in the DT is a lot more telling.

'As a Buckingham Palace press secretary at the time, we were never asked about any criticism made by the then Prince of Wales about his ex-wife. The media were all over the latest twists in the 'war of the Wales' , and yet we heard nothing on or off the record. Prince Charles maintained total silence to protect his sons, and to his detriment.

I was duty press secretary when Diana Princess of Wales died, so I can tell you that the royal family was in deep shock.'

I hope the book gets the contempt it deserves.


Maneki Neko said…
I've just remembered something Earl Spencer said about his first wife, Victoria Lockwood. She suffered from bulimia and was anorexic. Talking about staying with her through thick and thin, he said that those who know Victoria know that she's thin and she's certainly thick. Those may not have been the exact words but he definitely mentioned thick and thin in that way. This was supposed to be a joke, I think, but it was cruel and in very bad taste. This gives you the measure of the man.
abbyh said…
The snips from the book just keep going and going.

Diana is said to have told her brother than Charles was in love with his valet. Now that's a new one out of nowhere and totally contra to the idea only Camilla was a foe, three in the marriage and all - wait> didn't that come out in the Bashir deal and Bashir came through CS?

That CS finally agreed to walk with his ex brother in law and the kids to protect Charles from the unhappy close to seething mob. People are good at making themselves the center and hero in a retelling of how they were part of history.

Then there is the statement that the late queen offered to restore the HRH to so it could be on the headstone but Charles S turned it down. Robert Fellowes was alleged to have mentioned this offer in the train ride up. He passed in 2024.

Could there really have been an offer? maybe. Given how the late HM tried to walk that Christian walk, that attempt to reach out, offer some type of Christian compassion. The people who might know more would be CS's sister, widow of Robert and Charles/William either from the time or through the years over tea. And I am not certain that any of the trio might speak out to confirm or reject this. What is unclear to me is why CS and CS alone would have the authority to accept or reject the offer (especially after it was made after he gave his funeral speech which was not BRF friendly). I mean she had other siblings including Robert's wife who were also as equally related and worked closely with HM.

What I don't know is if she really could legally state that her brother is the children's guardian should she pass. And not the children's father. That's a Say What? Nor can I believe that the lawyers involved in the divorce would just accept that document unquestionable that the bio father is unsuitable enough to have her brother as the best option. And then, remember, there is that pesky legal document about the grands of the reigning monarch before you get into the optics for the royal family which the kids are still part of and all. I would have thought his lawyers would have fought it down.

And, oh what about the alleged romantic connection to the late Queen with his father shut down by Mountbatten? When exactly was that supposed to have happened in what is known about her schedule for access? And was she really all that interested in alternatives to Philip before you get into what ever Mountbatten had going on behind the scenes.

You know, it is easy to make claims. In an era when proof appears in DNA, film on the cloud, computers and more basic paper notes by staff, not having access to that level can make any claim, true or not, a lot harder to verify especially when much of this was happening when that level of documentation did not exist. And, especially when so many of these people who could state yea or nay in a court of law have all passed.
Girl with a Hat said…
I think a lot of these stories are Spencer family myths to aggrandize themselves, cover up for their sister`s many sins and to throw some shade on Charles.
Personally, I don`t think that walking behind the casket is such an ordeal. I`ve had to do it at a much younger age. Granted, I didn`t have such a large crowd around me, but it was still pretty large. When these things happen, you don`t have much room for any emotion other than grief. I think Hairy made a big deal of it because he heard and remembers the adults bickering about it
I would be very interested in what Lady C has to say about all of these claims. She knew Diana as she wrote a book about her, and is also familiar with the back story.
Charles never said anything to defend himself in the War of the Waleses, remember reading that Charles half expected to be shot as he did the walk, the public mood was so ugly,.
I also knew that she wore a seatbelt under protest in the UK because it was the law but never when abroad. It was my first thought when heard the dreadful news. The second was that Charles was now free to remarry.

The `love for the valet' story seems to have been based on Charles needing `personal assistance' at the time he had broken both wrists playing polo. The story died as soon as this was pointed out.
The version I read of the report of Charles having his beloved dog rehomed was that Diana was jealous of his affection for the creature.
Maneki Neko said…
@Girl with a Hat

I agree with your comment. Charles Spencer seems to have some grievances against the BRF and has chosen to air them publicly. Not for the first time, but this time in writing. Remind you of someone?

Other than needing money - he's on his third or fourth marriage - I don't know why he has to regurgitate all these facts and gossips and he doesn't seem to care who he will hurt in the process, but maybe that's the aim. Again, this sounds very familiar. I think that perhaps he was peeved at not being consulted - I don't think he was - or not listened to about William and Harry walking behind Diana's coffin. As for the 'blood family' protecting Diana's sons, it doesn't look like he has been a positive influence on Harry.
Maneki Neko said…
@abbyh

It was rumoured for a long time that Charles (as Prince) had an affair with his valet. The rumours were unsubstantiated. The police investigated an 'alleged misconduct in the royal household and found it unsubstantiated'. Diana was convinced Charles was in love with his valet. Spencer is biased and his book will be a travesty of the truth.
Magatha Mistie said…

Di-vorce $$$

Charles Spencer couldn’t care less
when his sister spiralled
asked for help with her mess
Spouting his bile later
righting her wrongs
Vowing to care for
her bereft sons
Thirty years gone
nothing done
His actions now clear
all along
An eternal cash cow
That’s her Swan Song…



Magatha Mistie said…

M-academia Nuts

Here you go darlings
your new school
No need to worry
there’s only one rule
All must obey you
you’re special you see
Grandpa is head of Monarchy
Soz little darlings
we got it all wrong
The drive to school
took too long
Here’s a new school
it’ll do for now
We’re trying to get closer to
PoW…

Magatha Mistie said…
Maneki
I’ve never heard this before
I don’t believe it
I do believe Spencer is hard up
divorce number???
Not a nice man, neither was his
father by all accounts
Magatha Mistie said…
Disgusting comment Maneki
says all you need to know
about Earl Spencer

Magatha Mistie said…

@WildBoar
Charles has never had a voice
Poor man, a good man



Maneki Neko said…
Re your previous post, I do remember the rumours about Charles' valet and an alleged affair. Charles has never been able to defend himself and as such, has been the subject of vicious rumours.
Maneki Neko said…
Very funny as usual, thank you. 'M-academia Nuts' - brilliant! You're very talented.
What I find interesting is whether anyone in the UK would have nerve to boldly claim that the King has said something he did not say. When Diana died everybody's feelings were all over the place and I guess all people said whatever because no one thought that they would be quoted 30 years after. But the King did not say "I never said that!" His staff sent an answer to the papers.

I find this Diana thing tasteless the lady aught to have right to rest in peace.

@Alianor - I agree. As usual, such conduct tells us more about the speaker than his subject. in addition, his eulogy was a disgrace anyway- the very word means `speaking well (of the departed)' , not an opportunity to attack others.
Here's the next round from Spencer:
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/charles-spencer-claims-prince-harry-170000859.html
Charles Spencer claims Prince Harry was ‘allowed to spin out of control’ after Princess Diana’s death

BANG Showbiz
Sat, 19 September 2026 at 6:00 pm BST
4 min read
Add Yahoo as a preferred source to see more of our stories on Google.
Maneki Neko said…
This is in very bad taste indeed.
'Earl Spencer last night accused King Charles of 'gaslighting' him in a dramatic escalation of their furious row over Princess Diana.

Speaking exclusively to The Mail on Sunday, the earl denied that he wrote his bombshell memoir because he was motivated by money and said his late sister would be 'cheering from the rafters' at his book. '

I think Earl Spencer has made his point in the book, that's his own point of view and he should now leave it at that. The King has his own point of view and doesn't need to be insulted. If Spencer didn't write the book for money, then why wait for 29 years to write it? I don't understand what he is trying to achieve. He really needs to put a sock in it. His attitude is very undignified, particularly as he knows the BRF motto 'never complain, never explain' and therefore Charles can't defend himself. He's just getting more and more unpleasant.
Ian's Girl said…
I, like every other teenaged girl in America, got up in the middle of the night to watch Diana's wedding, and I can tell you exactly where I was when the news came that she'd been killed in car accident. I was quite sick with pneumonia the week after, and spent the entire week home from work, watching everything unfold, crying with the entire world. But by that time, it was obvious that she was a drama queen and perhaps even a bit of a nutter. She was obsessive with at least 2 of the men she dated post- divorce, and after those relationships ended, she stalked both of them, or at least Olive Hoare, to the point the police had to become involved.

I had also noticed that, as good as she was with the public, she was incapable of sustaining personal relationships. ( I'm not including her marriage; although she could certainly have handled things better, I think Charles bears slightly more blame in that failure)

She was estranged from just about all of her close friends and family members at least once; at any given time, she would have not been on speaking terms with at least one close friend or family member. I think she could be petty and spiteful.

All that to say, I can easily see her spreading tales about Charles and his valet out of spite, or a mean joke, and I can also see her being jealous of the close relationship between them, and misinterpreting it, or, again, misrepresenting it out of spite. And honestly, in this day and age, would we even care if it were true? It is nobody's business accept a spouse who may have been cheated on. I don't believe it, but I also don't care if it's true, other than to think poorly of Spencer for exposing it.

As little do I care if KCIII did say she'd soon be forgotten. I don't believe it, but if it's true, I'd say the 2 men had gotten in to a rage with each other, and coupled with raw grief, anything could have been said. I also never minded what Spencer had to say in his eulogy, however inappropriate it may have been. I note that, as mentioned above, he doesn't seemed to have followed through on any of it, although I doubt the Windsors would have made that easy.

I had the book on pre-order, but canceled it when these snippets came out. A man who has been married 4 times, without being widowed, undoubtedly has some issues of his own.
Harry seems to inherited the worst traits on both sides of his family.

Maneki Neko said…
The comments in the DM about Spencer accusing the King of 'gaslighting' him are pretty mixed, most of them showing nearly the same amount agreeing as disagreeing. People seem rather gullible.
In his eulogy, Spencer said . . . 'I pledge that we, your blood family, will do all we can to continue the imaginative way in which you were steering these two exceptional young men' . . . and "We [he and his sisters] fully respect the heritage into which they have both been born and will always respect and encourage them in their royal role' . . . Harry either missed their guidance, if any, or else it didn't benefit him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU1OLb6kYFQ
Laura Kuenssberg interviews Spencer.
Did anyone watch it? The comments are all pro-Spencer, hard to tell how many are die-hard Diana-ites.

I got the impression that Kuenssberg didn't believe a word he said (the narrowed eyes were the give-away) but he acted as if butter wouldn;t melt in his mouth. Strange that nobody has pointed out that most what he's saying now contradicts what he said then...
Maneki Neko said…
I didn't watch it, I couldn't listen to him, his eulogy was enough for me. In a way I'm not too surprised the comments are pro Spencer, a lot of them in the DM are, a lot more than I would have imagined. Perhaps it's more anti Charles (King) than pro Spencer himself.
So a " high ranking royal" (Harry) comes to visit the school and the story goes that he stank, was high or drunk (?) and told indecent stories to the children. The video pieces show that the children were not interested in him and felt some sort of revulsion and that he is not steady in his behaviour. Charming, maybe he considers that the underprivileged and their school do not earn a shower and clean clothes, who knows?

I understand that William can't (and probably won't) take part in this Diana-this-and-that chaos but Harry has not said anything to defend his papa. I mean that he is such a blabbermouth and no more active part of the Monarchy so he could say something for his father but maybe he enjoys his uncles' attacks and agrees with them. That is he behaves like a skunk.

Maneki Neko said…
I think Harry would be well advised to steer clear of commenting on Spencer's book. No one in the RF should dignify Spencer's tawdry tale with a comment. Having said that, Harry is considering making a documentary about Diana to mark the 30th anniversary of her death. Can he not mark it in private? Both he and his uncle don't seem to have any consideration for Charles and William.
Girl with a Hat said…
I wasn`t aware that Charles Spencer already has a best selling memoir to his name. I think he advised Hairy to write his own and I think the two are in collusion much more than we realize.

A Very Private School: A Memoir by Charles Spencer, Simon & Schuster Audio
English | March 12, 2024 | ISBN: B0CCSV1NQP | 7 hours and 57 minutes | M4B | 233 Mb

INTERNATIONAL BESTSELLER | NPR BOOKS WE LOVE 2024 | PEOPLE’SBEST CELEBRITY MEMOIRS 2024 |TOWN & COUNTRY’SBEST NEW ROYAL BOOKS 2024 |THE TIMES (LONDON) 10 BEST BIOGRAPHIES AND MEMOIRS 2024 |WINNIPEG FREE PRESS’SBEST BOOKS 2024

NOW WITH A NEW AFTERWORD

“A tour de force.” —The Washington Post

In this poignant memoir, Charles Spencer—the 9th Earl Spencer and younger brother of the late Princess Diana—recounts the trauma of being sent away from home at age eight to attend boarding school.

A Very Private School offers a clear-eyed, first-hand account of a culture of cruelty at the school Charles Spencer attended in his youth and provides important insights into an antiquated boarding system. Drawing on the memories of many of his schoolboy contemporaries, as well as his own letters and diaries from the time, he reflects on the hopelessness and abandonment he felt at aged eight, viscerally describing the intense pain of homesickness and the appalling inescapability of it all. Exploring the long-lasting impact of his experiences, Spencer presents a candid reckoning with his past and a reclamation of his childhood. And now, in a new afterword, Spencer reflects on the aftermath of his memoir’s publication, including the outpouring of support and solidarity from fellow abuse survivors.
Girl with a Hat said…
And Spencer is the author of another book, The White Ship: The gripping Sunday Times bestselling book about the Anarchy in medieval England (Conquest, Anarchy and the Wrecking of Henry I’s Dream)

but listen to the description of this one:

'Spencer proves himself more than a match for the story. He guides the reader well through the dramatic twists and turns of these years, which first placed Henry on the throne, then seemed set to deny the succession of his progeny. Spencer has a particularly good eye for detail, enriching his account with vivid pen-portraits of the main players … Fast-paced and immensely enjoyable'
Ian's Girl said…
His books are quite good, which is why I pre-ordered this one. He's written several. But I canceled my order. Not interested any longer.
I tried to find Wace's `Rowler Farm Estate' on Google Earth and it took me rapidly to Frogmore Cottage! Weird or what?
Does it know something we don't?
Maneki Neko said…
@Girl with a Hat

I find the description of A Very Private School a tad melodramatic. Was it the publisher's blurb? Spencer and Diana were traumatised by their mother leaving the family, Spencer in particular as he was only 3 so perhaps this coloured his view of boarding school life.
For a woman who has such eye for even tiniest details the baroness (who sells candles without a tiny detail of wicks) seems to give a total damn about the wellbeing of Harry's children and their schooling. They came to the UK without ANY idea of the schools for his tots. Such a loving mother, isn't she!

(Dan Wootton Outspoken)

Girl with a Hat said…
The mother left the family because there was domestic violence involved, allegedly. That is rarely mentioned especially when talking about Diana and her feelings of abandonment by her mother.
abbyh said…
You can always try getting a copy through the library. Or, used book market - they are the ones who make the money off it.
abbyh said…
One other thing to think about why it would not make sense for Charles to have been giddy at the thought that Diana was dead:

Beyond all the grief of the two sons, it meant that all the soft pr they were doing to bring Camilla into the public realm as part of his life (he's moving on like she's moving on) was not only down to basically zero but would need to stay there for a very long time. Optics both within the family and publicly.
Girl with a Hat said…
Piers Morgan has stated that he`s suing Charles Spencer which may require that all copies of the book be destroyed.
I watched a TV history programme presented by CS a while back and thought he did it well. Likewise, I respect Cat Jarman as an archaeologist and would certainly recommend her book `The River Kings', about the Vikings.
What I think about them themselves is a very different matter.
Ian's Girl said…
Are they really leaving the UK already?!
Maneki Neko said…
Lady C, who wrote a book about Diana and had met her recounts an anecdote about Spencer where Diana replied " Yes, typical. Such a little sh"t." She's started reading Spencer's book and his blames Diana's death on the paparazzi who she was in the habit of tipping off - like somebody else we know. Lady C says Larry King found Spencer "a really slippery number". She calls Spencer a 'devious, manipulative, emotional blackmailer'.
I don't listen to her videos, I just read the transcript, it's quicker.
Maneki Neko said…
I forgot to say that Catherine looked resplendent in her purple gown.
Girl with a Hat said…
her hair was especially beautiful.
Maneki Neko said…
My last but one comment is missing. William and Catherine were the premiere of Tom Cruise's film Digger last night in Leicester Square. Catherine was wearing a pair of Diana's earrings and the Queen Mother's amethyst necklace, matching her flowing purple gown. She really magnificent as usual. There will be the sound of broken crockery in the Cotswolds.
Wow! That's some plunge! Good for Her Royal Highness!
Maneki Neko said…
Ha ha ha! 'The Duchess of Sussex has enjoyed a 'beautiful' response from the 'loving' British public since her return to the UK, her best friend has revealed.Kelly McKee Zajfen, who has been staying with Meghan and Harry, said people they have met in the Cotswolds have been telling the Duchess how much she has been missed.'

Yes. I bet they have. I don't this this one person reflects the opinion of the country. At best, people just don't care about the duo. As for
Kelly McKee Zajfen, you may wonder, she is a 'former model, non-profit co-founder, and a close, longtime friend of Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex.'. So longtime no one has ever heard of her. Perhaps seeing how beautiful Catherine looked yesterday, * had to show how popular she is.
Magatha Mistie said…

Thotsold

Her latest bestie
by upping her schtick
Allowed her child
to be used by one-trick
Applauded and missed?
she must have been pissed
The Kingdom’s United
cease and desist…




Magatha Mistie said…
Maneki Glorious
GWAH Lustrous

Magatha Mistie said…

Just listened to the latest
Gyles Brandreth podcast
‘Rosebud’
He interviewed Jamie Lowther Pinkerton
He served as Equerry to the
Queen Mother
and later Private Secretary to
William and Harry
He made an analogy regarding
helicopters and the brothers
Harry would fly at top speed
clipping trees
Wills carefully navigated
horrendous storms





Magatha Mistie said…

The Spencer's were always
denied Royal inclusion
until Diana…

Maneki Neko said…
There are rumours that the Montecito duo could up sticks and return to the US if Ravec's decision doesn't go in their favour. If so, they just tried it on and are trying to force Ravec's hand, as most suspected. It was only blackmail. They're not thinking of the children in all this. Let's hope Ravec don't cave in.
Maneki Neko said…
Somebody said Spencer's book should have been called 'Four Weddings and my Sister's Funeral'. Very good.
Girl with a Hat said…
Boost for Prince Harry as Amazon is 'set to sponsor Duke's Invictus Games in big-money deal'

https://www.dailymail.com/news/article-16164647/Amazon-sponsor-Prince-Harry-Invictus-Games-Birmingham-2027.html

So Bezos is going to get involved with Invictus, it seems. The games would be shown on Amazon Prime.
Sassie said…
On Reddit an exasperated commenter referred to Citizen H as a human tip jar.
Perfect description.
Maneki Neko said…
'Prince William will not appear in a TV documentary to mark the 30th anniversary of his late mother Princess Diana's death, royal sources have confirmed.
... But the heir to the throne is understood to have decided against appearing in anything on screen to avoid any further conflict with his estranged brother Prince Harry.
... William does not want him and Harry to be 'pitted against each other' in a film and remains 'really emotional' about Diana's death, reported The Sunday Times.' (DM)
William is showing wisdom and restraint and is being prudent. He is totally right to have nothing to do with yet another documentary that will be certainly biased and will add nothing to the current situation.
Girl with a Hat said…
This may just be wishful thinking (manifesting as some people call it) , not reality.
I saw the Spencer book in WH Smith at Paddington Station yesterday - at half price. I left it there.
Maneki Neko said…
Well done. If it's already at half-life, it's not a best seller. I checked the price on Amazon after reading your post, and it's also half-price - £14 for those who are interested.
UKLA said…
BWHAHAHA DM has this article from her former agent.

https://www.dailymail.com/news/royals/article-16169625/Meghan-Markle-former-agent-Ari-Emanuel-parted-ways.html
Poor baroness, the swan song of her marriage. Her husband travelled to the USA without his children but with their passports. This comedy is writing itself in real time.
`Meghan Markle ‘may revive British citizenship test studies’ - according to this:
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/meghan-markle-may-revive-british-230100152.html

I really can't imagine it. She'd have to swear allegiance whether she became a citizen or subject.
Maneki Neko said…
What does she know about life in the UK? That's the name of the test she needs to pass and she'll have to swot. She has zero interest in the UK and anyway, I can't see why she would need British citizenship. Maybe she wants people to believe she and Harry are settling here permanently (and need full security).
Maneki Neko said…
Further to my previous post re * possibly taking the Life in the UK test, it's rather premature as she's been away from the UK for six years. She'd need to have been here for at least three years. I don't work for the immigration services but the first two of three years she spent in the UK pre Megxit don't count, as far as I know as she's been away too long.
@Maneki Neko

That's right, it's all about implying that they're serious, in hope of money for security. There's now a `report' that their goons (Merriam Webster 2nd sense) identified `foreign paparazzi' haunting the area around the new school.

Hoping for citizenship? "To apply as the spouse or civil partner of a British citizen you must have lived in the UK for the last 3 years." (https://www.gov.uk/british-citizenship)

That's living here full time, paying one's dues (eg council tax, TV licence), fixed addresses, not sofa-surfing and sponging off those with more money and sense, maybe even in employment.

As if!

The paparazzi in the UK were never interested in hunting the baroness like they hunted Diana and Catherine. Is that the real reason for her hatred against the British and their media?

Her hungry vanity was not pampered properly?

Magatha Mistie said…
Quickie 🎤
Apologies: Bob Dylan
Blowin’ In the Wind

Aristopcrazy

How many men
must meg have laid down
Before she nailed her wan pan
How any yachts
must meh have sailed on
Before she bagged hazzers gland
And how many times
must the alliterate one lie
Before she’s forever canned

The answer, my friends
She’s pissing in the wind
The answer, Ari said is
She’s Binned…








Magatha Mistie said…

Fallace and Vomit

Just before
Ravec’s conclusion
Paparazzi appeared
to foment their delusion
I’m disgusted to say
they’ll get their own way
Highest security
poor Brits will now pay…

Maneki Neko said…
Thanks, @Magatha. Another good laugh. Like you. I'm worried Ravec will cave in. I hope not.
Maneki Neko said…
More whingeing from the duo. They complained about paparazzi near their school and their 'spokesman[Scooby doo?] accused two photographers of an 'unacceptable intrusion into the privacy' ' It's worth pointing out that 'The school is understood to be attended by a number of American children whose families are connected to a nearby US military installation at an RAF base.'. This is probably RAF Fairford, where there was a suspected terror plot discovered last week. If so, all the more reason for the duo to complain about security.
Maneki Neko said…
We haven't heard much about Spencer's book and I looked at some reviews. The Guardian says it 'tells us a little about Diana and a great deal about Charles Spencer – perhaps more than we needed to know.' The book is also described as 'a furious exercise in score-settling', which was pretty obvious. The DT describes it as 'a loving tribute to himself.'. The Financial Times calls it a 'vengeful biography'.
You get the gist.
abbyh said…
I thought I read that it was allegedly foreign paparazzi, not the locals. IDK, isn't Backgrid US?

Spencer's book. I think the sound has dropped in intensity as the lawyers are now involved. Piers appears to be pushing for the pulping of what remains of the unsold stockpile. If he wins, I doubt a first run would be that big of a collector's item.

People who write memoirs usually are the steadfast, kind, loving hero through all such terrible events which would bring down a lesser person.

I wonder who told the paps where the children are at school?
abbyh said…
And which school allegedly from all the other options?
Girl with a Hat said…
then they should live on the American base.
The intimate information the sussexes freely give us is astounding. I could have gone to my grave happily without knowing that Harry wears white (greyish?) underpants but he wanted to show them to us all when he knelt to the ground and kissed the dirt after his jump.

The Royal Family must be shocked each time when Harry shows how he has lost all the dignity he once had as an active member of the Family.

Maneki Neko said…
@Wild Boar

I wouldn't put it past the Cotswolds two to have leaked some info about the school so that police protection can be justified. Nothing from these two would surprise me any more.
@Maneki Neko
My thought exactly but it's difficult to convey an ironic or sarcastic tone of voice in words alone!
Maneki Neko said…
* has launched an Advent calendar (£112) featuring 24 chocolates.
'The calendar - 'inspired by her Montecito home and garden' - features a festive illustration of the £11million mansion she and Prince Harry called home for six years.
A press release declared 'every detail was considered with care, including countdown numbers hand-painted in Meghan's own penmanship using edible gold lustre'.
Flavours include strawberry, raspberry, blackberry and orange marmalade, plus what is described as a 'special chocolate finished with Meghan's own flower sprinkles'.'

Absolutely spiffing! I think I'll pass, though.
Maneki Neko said…
Correction! *'s Advent calendar is called Holiday Advent calendar. What the actual f#€£? It's an Advent calendar, full stop. What an ignorant woman.
@Maneki Neko -
Well, US has problems with the concept of `Christmas' so it's hardly surprising that she can't get `Advent' right.
At that price, I'd expect, at the very least, that the `lustre' would be hand- gilded with 24carat goldleaf by scribes in an enclosed order of Orthodox monks whose normal employment is icon painting.
Second thoughts - scrub round that - no scribe worthy of the designation would care to be associated with the vulgar handwriting she calls `calligraphy'. Paul Antonio Attong is a world-class scribe, goodness knows what he'd make of her and her pretensions:
https://www.instagram.com/pascribe/
re `The Bench'
It seems there's a copy of this `masterpiece' for sale on ebay for some ridiculous price (£20K, ll but 1p). The blurb surely was written by *?
SMM has the details.
No mother would ever risk the life or health of her children by publishing daily where the kids are and where you can kidnap or harm them.

The baroness has shown that Harry's tots are no more or even that what her dogs are for her. Horrible woman!

And who would wish for themselves a father like Harry?

Girl with a Hat said…
the Sussex plan secret UK exit - Neil Sean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGzN023CzPI
Maneki Neko said…
Thanks. What a load of old cobblers! Surely someone had to be taking the proverbial when writing this blurb, or else it was written by * as you said..

'An Absolute Masterpiece of Modern Royal History: Museum-Grade Association Copy of The Bench personally inscribed by Meghan, Duchess of Sussex.

This is a completely unique, historically significant presentation copy of The Bench, featuring a spectacular handwritten inscription by the author, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex. Written in the Duchess's highly celebrated, fluid signature calligraphy style, the personal message links the Sussexes directly to the heart of the British Royal Family.' No, it doesn't.
UKLA said…
The Sun has this posted about their pub visit.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/royals/40567260/harry-meghan-pictured-pub-lunch-uk-return/
UKLA said…
Sorry, my comment should have read "their alleged pub visit"
Ian's Girl said…
Magstha, I am HOWLING over here! 😂😂😂
Ian's Girl said…
Someone I saw in a YouTube comments section pointed out that Nutmeg couldn't resist trying to take away from Catherine's Christmas concert by releasing an Advent calendar. Pretty astute observation, which hadn't occurred to me.
As for their `security' needs, current TV & radio bulletins are a sharp reminder that there are far more people in the UK at much greater security risk than they are.
Maneki Neko said…
Try as she may, * could never take anything away from Catherine. Her 'Holiday Advent Calendar's is nonsense and she should have named it 'Christmas' instead of the American word 'holiday' for the British market (if there is one).
Magatha Mistie said…

Dirges Adventures of Sinsin

My countdown to Yule
Would see her and her fool
realise their adventivity
Misadventure using Christmas
Forgetting Saint Nicholas
no room at Chick Inn or Nativity…

Maneki Neko said…
@Wild Boar said 'As for their `security' needs, current TV & radio bulletins are a sharp reminder that there are far more people in the UK at much greater security risk than they are.'
Yes, this is so true. We are under constant threat from certain people, and H&* have to bleat about their security. If they just keep quiet and out of sight, keep a very low profile, they'll be safe. They do have security anyway, just not police protection. They're just peeing in the wind.
Am about to watch `Harry & Meghan - where did the money go?' - Channel 5.
I've been `proper poorly' today and don't know if I'll stick it out or retreat to bed. Shall try to make notes/ record it.
abbyh said…
I hope you feel better soon.
I caught the tail end of the `live' programme an shall delete the recording without watching.
It's the usual load of sycophantic BS.
Maneki Neko said…
I hope you're feeling better now, although watching anything with the duo wouldn't be conducive to good health. I might watch the programme on demand tomorrow but only fast forwarding to catch the interesting bits. I'll stop if it looks like sycophantic BS after a few minutes.
Thanks, Abby & Maneki. I'm feeling better today but still dog-tired...
abbyh said…
It's been a tough year for you. A lot of change. Change is hard.
At least I found something to smile at, but nor enough to make me change my voting plans!
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/nigel-threatens-deport-meghan-markle-100000620.html
Maneki Neko said…
@Wild Boar

I watched the H&* and their money documentary, only for 20 pr 30 seconds here & there and fast forwarding a lot. Their lifestyle is said to cost $20M/year, IIRC. Most of it is, as you said, sycophantic BS.
Maneki Neko said…
Ha ha ha! After Megsy' "Holiday Advent calendar", 'Buckingham Palace unveils new £25 unfilled advent calendar and £12 chocolate offering that's £100 cheaper than Meghan's luxury version'.
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheBritishRoyalFamily/comments/1wy970p/buckingham_palace_unveils_new_25_unfilled_advent/
Girl with a Hat said…
it seems that the Sussex squad are bullying some priests who didn't agree with *'s Holiday Extravaganza Advent Calendar!
UKLA said…
From the Advent calendar to a "hostess basket". Right after Buckingham Palace released their holiday baskets. Beyond pathetic & cringe. Deliberately flaunting their royal titles.

https://www.dailymail.com/news/royals/article-16186101/meghan-launches-wicker-hostess-basket-royal-festive-hampers.html
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/meghan-markle-launches-holiday-collection-195004496.html

Apparently, this `article' appeared in the Independent. WTF's the matter with them?
https://www.reddit.com/r/SaintMeghanMarkle/comments/1wz7r1t/express_meghan_and_harry_planning_sensational/

And if you believe that...
So will a very PRIVATE apology of the sussexes be the golden ticket to money, security and diamond tiaras for our hero and heroine?

I think that when you betray someone for money once you will betray them again when money is needed and the second betrayal will be ten times worse, but I am a cynic. I know that narcissists never regret or repent and they hate you if they are in a situation where they must feign repentance.

Maneki Neko said…
@Girl with a Hat

This is what the priest bullied by the Sussex Squad had the 'audacity' to say.
'The row began when Anglican priest and London university chaplain Reverend Daniel French suggested that people could instead buy a £6 Christian advent calendar that is almost 20 times cheaper and contains Fairtrade chocolate.

The alternative he recommended also raises money for a leprosy charity and comes with a 'little booklet on the meaning of Christmas', he told his followers.

Sharing an image of Meghan alongside her As Ever product, Rev French wrote: 'For £5.99 you can pre-order a Christian Advent Calendar with Fairtrade chocolate from the Meaningful Chocolate Company. A donation is made to The Leprosy Mission.''
And there is the difference - a donation to The Leprosy Mission. With *, charity begins at home.
Is there anything in the colourful life of the baroness where she tells the truth? She never finished her university studies and told fat lies about it. Paula M channel has the story and the story of her tricks how to force people to back up her lies like the British Royal Family's website. She is weirdo!!

abbyh said…
I thought she did as when there were questions about her major, a graduation booklet appeared. It has been a long time ago but I did read her sister's book. I doubt that would be excluded.

I did not find anything specific in the sister's book ... but in Tom Bower's Revenge, p 26, he does state graduation from the university was in 2003. That tracks with the sister's book about high school graduation in 1999, p 128 as I recall - that photo - headshots of her dad with her as she is wearing her graduation cap.
abbyh, the baroness was not in the uni during the last year and there is no photo of her in the Northwestern graduation gown. Paula M channel had some official USA thing where it was clear that she never did graduate.

Sassie said…
Interesting comments on X, they sound valid: first:

“Many people have commented about the moving vans in Montecito. I have heard the same thing.

What I did not understand and now this makes sense is Tyler Perry held the paper on the Monticeto home. And he called the note due.

Hence the bolt to the UK.”

Second:
“ Rob Lowe CONFIRMS Tyler Perry SOLD Meghan And Harry's Montecito Mansion ... https://youtu.be/Qp16ExCLpZA?is=5xiYAOuoefCLqgs_ via @YouTube Interesting! ”
Sassie said…
Hmmmm, I had not previously heard the gossip that Tyler Perry actually owned Citizen H & Citizen M’s Montecito monstrosity, but now I am looking into it after I just posted here that Tyler’s selling of the mansion is what caused H & M to scurry back to England.

Apparently this gossip has been all over the ‘net for many days, and may not be true. If I just flogged a falsity to our Nutty group, I apologize.

I thought it would explain the unbelievably quick inexplicable rush to U.K. Now I don’t know. Nothing those two do makes any sense to me, so Tyler kicking them out sounded like it would explain so much. Who knows?
Maneki Neko said…
According to the DM, Spencer is now suing over a podcast featuring former Cabinet minister Michael Gove.
'In the podcast produced by The Spectator magazine, of which Gove is editor, he discussed Charles Spencer's new book with assistant editor Madeline Grant, wife of a Church of England vicar.
The pair made a series of claims about Lord Spencer, including that he was on 'bad terms' with his sister, Princess Diana, when she was killed in a car crash in 1997, and that he was 'monetising her death' by publishing the book.'
They also alleged that Spencer had refused Diana permission to stay with William and Harry at Althorp, his stately home in Northamptonshire. Spencer has demanded that the podcast be removed from The Spectator's website.'

Nothing new here, I think everybody knew. It's a bit different from a historian (Spencer) making a factual error about the year when Piers Morgan was editor of the Mirror.
Girl with a Hat said…
I think we would have seen her university graduation pictures as her high school graduation pictures are all over the place.
abbyh said…
I (sometimes) wonder if they send "disinformation" to see where all it shows up.

I think most of us, at one time or another, have wanted something to be true about them that we read somewhere or, several somewheres.

And then I think of things like the alleged project Thaw or that it would be simple to come back, be accepted and still get the half in/half out - and I realize some things may really be that obvious clue of what direction they are going in.

Sure the King (and Queen) met with him, the kids and then her but ... since then there was the clarifying letter and nothing.
Maneki Neko said…
Re Tyler Perry, he's selling his California property which is where H&* stayed in when they first moved to California. This could be where the confusion comes from. The property is in the gated Beverly Ridge Estates community. I looked it up on the map and it is nowhere near Montecito.
Nothing in this world shows the deepest remorse and the need to ask forgiveness like a newspaper article that tells us all that someone is considering an apology, does it?

I trust that Prince William understands that the character, behaviour and temperament of his brother will not change whatever William does. The pus of Harry's jealousy and hatred will burst again and again and the only way to protect his family and himself is to stay away, far away from Harry and his wife.

If the Family give in the next step is Harry's court case against the King and William where he demands the half of all royal monetary assets as his TRUE RIGHT because that is why he is in Britain, getting the money he was incapable to earn for himself in the USA and getting it from his Family.

Will she? Won't she? Apologise, that is..
.https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/2255016/meghan-markle-royal-feud-best
Maneki Neko said…
Like hell she will - unless there is a huge financial incentive perhaps. I googled it and People magazine today says 'A source tells PEOPLE that a report claiming they plan to apologize to Prince William and Princess Kate is “nonsense”'.
Page Six says 'Meghan Markle and Prince Harry aren’t planning to apologize to Prince William and Kate Middleton over their bombshell 2021 Oprah Winfrey interview — despite reports claiming otherwise.
“It is total rubbish,” royal journalist Tom Sykes told Page Six Wednesday regarding the rumors.'
In any case, even if they did, it would be a mealy-mouthed apology and it would take a lot more to reset the relationship with A&C.
Girl with a Hat said…
he may have another one in Montecito.
Sassie said…
@Maneki Neko, thank you for clearing the Tyler Perry real estate story up for me, although your comment has me now downcast. I had delighted in believing the spurious tale that Tyler was the actual owner of H & M’s mansion, and so it seemed logical that if Tyler announced he had sold the mansion out from under them (due to realizing he had been taken advantage of from the start), H & M would have to vacate STAT…hence scurrying to King Pa in the U.K. with no notice.

I wanted to believe the Tyler Perry landlord/owner explanation but you’ve disavowed me of it now. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!
Tout cela change, mais c'est la même chose.
They're a waste of space, as ever.
Maneki Neko said…
@Sassie

Sorry to disappoint you. I can't vouch for the veracity of the articles. I thought they might have bought the house via T Perry. Apparently they bought their house through an LCC.
All is not lost, however. I've found this YouTube video 'Tyler Perry loaned Harry and MM $14m in 2021 to purchase the Montecito home with conditions that the loan will be repaid in 2024 but they reneged on that agreement. When Tyler Perry called Harry about repayments Harry stopped taking his calls. So I believe that Tyler Perry has possibly liquidated them in the USA.'. Again, I don't know the truth of it.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E1BSIN5QZYg
Maneki Neko said…
Our indefatigable and very private heroine was snapped leaving Claridge's, a luxury hotel in Mayfair where they had tea, with Malala Yousafzai. I don't know what they have in common and what they discussed. Of course, there were paps who happened to be outside the hotel to snap goodbyes. The paps agency is MJ-Pictures.com, a 'UK-based news and photo agency supplying exclusive celebrity images, video and news stories to leading newspapers, magazines'. Malawi is a very discreet woman who keeps a very low profile, so I'll let you guess who called the paps.
* is wearing £25,000 of gear (tone deaf, some people are financially struggling), among others a pair of extremely wide trousers and as usual, trailing on the pavement. I don't know how she didn't trip up over them. They were Ralph Lauren ones and might have looked fine on someone 6ft tall but not *.
Maneki Neko said…
Now Spencer 'has recalled the moment Princess Anne allegedly made him 'feel small' at a Buckingham Palace dinner two days before his sister Princess Diana's wedding.'. The moment is described in his book about Diana. The eve of her wedding - that's a long time to keep a grudge, or at least, that's how it sounds like to me. It must run in the family.
abbyh said…
Yeah I saw a nice post on MSM which points out the odd angle that it was shot at, the fact that the person across the table still had on their outer coat and some other stuff. Basically it appeared less staged than some of the others which have come out of the Sussex camp.

What I noticed is that hand on the right, raising their glass has a bracelet (brown) which just disappears.
Girl with a Hat said…
Malala is such a lovely person. I feel like she has been caught in a spider`s web.
* looks just awful. Her trousers look awful. Her top is not tucked in and doesn`t match. Her huge coat overwhelms her. Her overall image is one of a dishevelled scarecrow.
Girl with a Hat said…
He remembers every little slight forever.
It reminds me of Hairy and his more awful half.
If the baroness wants the Monarch to pay her life in the UK it can't be very wise idea to flaunt her very expensive spending habits so publicly, like "Look Pa this is how I am going to use your money when I get it!".

That woman has totally lost her looks. Maybe it is true that constant lying makes you ugly, the baroness is a very good example of that. Those horrible clothes must be so horrible for purpose. People do not register her lined and haggard face when they check her white trousers in the dirt. So that is a win win for her.

If that is the best she has to offer I doubt very much that any Arab oil billionaire will fall passionately in love and offer her a lucrative new life as an oil billionairess any time soon. Pity, but so it goes.

Why is the baroness' face so lumpy?

Oh my Goodness - such a weird set of phots at
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/meghan-and-malala-yousafzai-enjoy-tea-at-claridges-in-london/ar-AA2dP0Hj

The text is all a-glow about the warm mateyness but the pics make it look as if M is threatening, domineering, about to beat her up.
It gets worse:
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/prince-harry-m-student-grief-152236927.html
Article is published in full. H claims to be a `student of grief'. Someone pass the sickbag please.
Maneki Neko said…
Yes, gripping poor Malala who can't escape her clutches. They didn't look like two friends who hug. It was all one sided.
Girl with a Hat said…
Lady C`s video today is entitled;


Meghan was a monster even as a teen, her mother' WAS incarcerated, says family friend who banned her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WsO8p-LMtU
Maneki Neko said…
Vomit inducing indeed.
'The MasterClass course promises to "teach the tools to turn loss into growth and unlock the resilience that lives within each of us".'
Well, it hasn't worked well in Harry's case. Loss into growth, resilience - no, these have passed him by. Moreover, Hawwy is not qualified; he's experienced grief but has no formal qualifications to try and 'help' or counsel others.
abbyh said…
I was wrong about the bracelet thing. In the still you can't really see that the other end is curved around the thumb. In the video it can be slightly more easily seen.
Maneki Neko said…
Harry is now indulging in another whine fest. Woe is me, again. Now he 'claims life in the Royal Family left him unable to properly grieve the death of Princess Diana, adding that his official duties triggered panic attacks.' You wonder how William dealt with the same grief. Obviously, he's made of sterner stuff. Maybe Hawwy would feel much better if he stopped talking about it. Is this his only topic of conversation?

Popular posts from this blog

So, when does the dirt on Meghan come out?

"This is only hearsay, but in London a Brit socialite who knew her way around money, Europe, royalty told me - and my companion, so I wasn't alone in hearing this - that Meghan was known in the old days. 'She was around the famous playgrounds Europeans visit...and known to be shopping for a rich husband.'" That's a quote from Cindy Adams in yesterday's New York Post . Cindy is old - so old that she interviewed the original Duchess of Windsor. "Who was also American,"  writes Cindy.   "She was not happy afterward. She was tough. I interviewed her. She was constantly looking to negotiate some sort of financial betterment." So, when does the dirt start coming out? How about now. Who will drop the information? We've had more than 1200 comments since the Sussex summit on Monday, so please allow me to repeat part of my answer to a question hidden somewhere within that forest of text. A regular commenter asked for my input ...

Meghan, Harry, and Community Property in California

This is what happens when I take too long to write a post. My original idea - that Meghan and Harry should consider purchasing one of the " cheap old houses " popular on Instagram and fix it up as part of a reality series - seems to have been overtaken by events. Page Six is reporting today that Meghan and Harry already have a house in Santa Barbara, near Oprah and Ellen's pads, and in fact have been living there for at least six weeks. (This is not entirely unexpected; Harry's most recent hostage video had a different background than usual.) "This is the first home either of them has ever owned," writes the couple's PR agent via Page 6. "It has been a very special time for them as a couple and as a family - to have complete privacy for six weeks since they moved in." They could probably still be having complete privacy if the couple's PR team wasn't leveraging their real estate news in order to promote the new book "Finding Freed...

New Year (and what's next?)

 Another year and what will it bring for them (and us who watch)?   One thing I thought of is control of their image for appearances.  It isn't just that they have lost so many people in such a fairly short time period but who they lost.  The people who advised, handled details to make the events happen - road trips to volunteering.  We've been saying all along that each loss is a ripple of warning towards a potential new hire coming in.  New hires, yes but what about fund raising?  Cash flow?  This, from SMM, is an interesting read: https://www.reddit.com/r/SaintMeghanMarkle/comments/1puzsvh/impact_report_990_review_from_a_nonprofit/ Which leads us to money.  Keeping their image engine running costs a lot.  No doubt there are a lot details, paperwork, contracts to negotiate and find new groups to partner with.  Hence the need for a good team. The duo could do some of it or all but for how long?   side note: the peopl...